Under the stars

I took a moment under the stars
To wish upon a love I have never had
To hope for something to come
For that special one to come task my hand
And hold me close like I know he can
I took a moment under the stars
To dream of a love I wish I had
To hope it would be everything for me
For that special guy to see me as I am
And be the human that I know he can
So I wished upon a shooting star
Took a wishbone and got the small end
Through my pennies down an empty well
Pick the petals til the end
Took all the eyelashes that I could
Dreamed about it as hard I should
Then I realized you already came and gone 
I to busy looking when I had you 
If I could go back
I go get you and never let you go
So I took a moment under the stars 
To wish you well
and try not to dwell 
On my lost and never found love


Popular posts from this blog

Trouble, trouble, trouble

My man

Is death really the answer