For Anne from Andy - A dark poem

At my door I hear a whisper
But she was not to be here
She is to be at her sisters
Soon it will disappear
But it only grown more near
As I begin to here it in my room
I became overfilled with gloom
Who is lurking in here with me
It could only be she
But I look to find no lover
So I run to my bed cover
And wait for suns glow
But darkness hits me low
To reveal a hidden secret
No longer can I kept it
The tale of the man
Who I drowned for Anne
He whispers the truth
I respond oh dangerous sleuth
Return to your grave
And hide away in your afterlife cave
But he has one deed
Coming to make sure I bleed
My life is to be no longer
One thought I don't want to ponder
Telling the truth will take it all
A dirty criminal is what I will be called
Oh Anne will me for sure
But death is neither the cure
For this lie
I choose to die
And in my spot
My Anne he has got
Marrying her in my shoes
In this new darkness now one is to hear my blues




Comments

Popular Posts